**UPDATED at 10PM tonight (this post was originally written at 6PM tonight)
I have been in a funk for the last couple of weeks. I love working out...but I hate that I have to workout to get healthy...and get back to where I was when I didn't have all these medical problems....I hate that sometimes my workouts remind me of what I lost and what I have been through...I hate it and I am allowed to hate it but sometimes it puts me into a funk...an unhealthy funk. Well I am slowly coming out of my "life sucks funk".
Last week I picked up some Jillian DVD's to spice up my workouts! I have officially started the shred. I love the shred...I hate that I have an injured knee and it is starting to hurt from some of the exercises...doesn't mean I am going to stop though. I will wear my knee brace when I do the shred and will push through the pain.....one legged jumping jacks and all!
This week has been a little off since we had the snow storm.
Monday - Jillian's 30 day shred in the morning (before breakfast) then working out with Ken after work. We did some TMA (kickboxing) and had a blast! I forgot how much fun it could be! Punches, kicks, and kneeing him in the head (not really he had pads over his face for me to knee) but it was odd to grab him at the back of his head and pull it down as I went up to knee him...odd but FUN! Food - scrambled eggs, toast, milk. Lunch - PB&J sandwich - Snack before gym - an apple. Dinner - chicken and pasta.
Tuesday - well today I decided to work from home. I had several meetings this morning which meant breakfast didn't happen till a little later...but I ate! I again got Jillian's shred in (a little after lunch) and will hopefully get my cardio in tonight yet. Food - breakfast - scrambled eggs, toast, and milk. Lunch - PB&J sandwich and milk. Dinner - grilled cheese and tomato soup and milk.
On the trainer note....I have struggled to find an excellent trainer and a trainer that will stay in MN. I was spoiled by my first trainer way back in the day...and then he moved his lovely family onto bigger adventures...while I am happy for them he left GIGANTIC shoes to fill here. My current trainer is going to be the third trainer that has moved in the last year...which means I need to find a new trainer! I may have found that trainer. I am working out with him next week. A trainer/client relationship is so critical...you need that educated person that can push you to see results, keep you motivated, and prove that working out is fun. While I am optimistic this will work, I am sad to leave my St. Paul friends. Who am I going to do wall sits with?! I don't want to leave them! Time to stop thinking about that and think about where this new trainer can take me....
I did it...I got my second workout in!
2.2 miles (40 mins including warm-up and cool-down) at an incline of 7! YAY ME!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment