So 7 weeks ago when I had my last T/V/U/S I forgot to do the bladder prep....yup I showed up empty! I remembered after I went to the bathroom and then tried to pound water...but it wasn't enough. I was reprimanded and they didn't get a good "top" view. Good thing they got a better view the other way! This time...I reminded myself in the morning:

I had to tape a note to my toilet to remind myself! It worked :-)
Okay - a couple of things from my appt. today. I don't have the official reading, so I am going to save MY interpretation for later - after I speak to Dr. S. Yes, I am confident that I will get a phone call for abnormal results and not a letter telling me everything is good...I saw that much at least.
Interestingly enough, I found out my medical records are less than accurate. My medical terminology spelling is not that great so bear with me here. I sat down and the tech said she wanted to go through my medical history because she was a bit confused. So I sat there and recited both saliopingectomy surgeries and countless adhesion and cyst removal surgeries. She was shocked that I actually knew the correct procedures I have had done. She also said that I was very calm and matter of fact. Lets think here people. Does she want some crazy hysterics?! I typically save that for here or when I am home alone. Getting all jittery and panicy won't do anyone any good. I don't need her tip-toeing around me. I need her expertise to get what the doctors need to figure out what is going on and fix me. Well it turns out my medical records indicate that I had an oopherectomy in addition to bilateral saliopingectomy's! Ahhh pretty sure both oophers (aka ovaries) are still in there. So now I have to jump through hoops to get my medical history corrected. This is also the same clinic that thought I had a baby boy last August! The fun NEVER ends.
The good part from this morning (yes I will find a silver lining if it is there to be found!)....once the tech realized how much I had going on, how long I had been dealing with this, and that I knew so much, she was a lot less reserved than they are supposed to be. She was answering my questions about what we were seeing. That was nice and helpful. For once, I won't be quite so blind-sided when Dr. S. calls.
Have I mentioned lately that I am soooo ready to be done with this?!
On a funny note...I got into work late (and what do I do as soon as I get out of my first meeting? - well update on here of course)...so I walked out of the elevator...one of our employees was so happy to see me he literally burst into a gigantic grin. I am so NOT your typical HR Rep....employees actually like me (well most do anyway). In any event, he was on his way somewhere...instead of actually getting in the elevator, he left the elevator bank with me, opened all the doors, and talked to me about my weekend all the way to the Dept. I know what you all are thinking...STOP! He is a married man and very nice. He has never crossed any lines. Work is often so stressful and HR is often seen as just an "overhead cost" it is nice to be noticed and appreciated for contributions to the company! However, I don't know that I will ever get use to men holding doors for me. It makes me giggle a little everytime it happens at work!
Well I have spent too much time on here already...I have to get back to work :-) I will update again after I hear from the doc...which will be later in the week.
Work-out & Food update: (Kudos to you if you are still reading this!)
I did cardio both Sat & Sun - Friday I was tooo tired and ended up in bed early.
I ate 2.5 meals on Saturday and 2 meals on Sunday
I can't believe they had your records so confused! Why are you still going to this clinic again?!?
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm sorry the results are going to be less than stellar lady... I hate that.
Because I love my doctor. She is fabulous...and I don't take choosing doctors lightly. After all I have been through, I research the college they went to, where they were residents and all that jazz. She was the best ;-)
ReplyDelete