My Journey In Numbers...

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

1 year closer....

I know I need to get back on my blogging kick. Some days I have nothing to say...somedays I feel like a broken record...and somedays (like today) I could write a novel. Grab a drink...kick back and enjoy!

Yesterday I turned 27. WOW! I had so many hopes, goals, and dreams that I wanted for myself before I hit this milestone...and I haven't met ANY of them! Now that, my friends, is a crushing blow. Most of my family remembered it was my birthday (most is HUGE when you have a family as big as mine). The funniest phone call I got...One of my older brothers called: "Happy Birthday sister. Do you feel one year closer to death?" How does someone respond to that?! I never looked at a birthday as one year closer to death...yet only my crazy brothers would! I laughed and said: "Why yes actually!". What he didn't know was that I had been in sooo much pain earlier in the day I literally could not stand upright. I was with my sister-in-law and I didn't want her to know so I left quickly to go home. Popped some pills and promptly crashed on the couch for over an hour. Luckily I felt better after I woke up and still had a FABULOUS time out with my friends! So I will embrace my "one year closer to death status" and hope that this is the year for answers...and that this is the year for me to FINALLY have a life!

On to other news....workouts are going well. Building up my running tolerance....gotta get to my 5K goal! If I have to have surgery again I will NOT consent until I am running a 5K. I am tired...so tired of making progress and then having to go into the hospital and lose all that progress I worked so hard towards! Not again people...no WAY! So I will continue to be a pain in the ass client and keep A on his toes....I will attempt to control the one thing that I can and in the process remember how much I used to live for this kind of life. I can't and won't hide behind my weight anymore (the more I say the closer I will be to believing it). I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...I think I can!

Eating comes and goes...clearly my birthday = HORRIBLE calorie intake...but tomorrow is a new day. Yesterday was my actual b-day and when I celebrated with friends/family....today everyone at work celebrated so this year I had 2 bad eating days!

Make A Wish continues to be a source of happiness and sadness in my life. I love being with them....I truly do...but sometimes seeing happy families rips me to pieces! I met with my new MAW kiddo Friday night. Oh the LOVE! He is 2.5 and the cutest little one ever. He was my sidekick all night long! He plopped his tiny butt in my lap more times than I could count...we played...laughed...read stories...I didn't want to go home. He loved when I read "Going on a bear hunt" being a former preschool teacher I sure get animated when I am in my element with kids and he enjoyed it! Seeing the discovery through the eyes of a child is such a priceless thing!

Well Friday is a big crappy day...a big crappy day when Dr. S. is going to cause serious pain (only because she cares of course)....the poor Doc doesn't know what she is in store for though...massive amounts of blood thinning pain meds is going to make this interesting and test her talents especially since it is a clinic procedure and not in the hospital!

2 comments:

  1. Hey pretty lady, when I hit 27 just a few weeks ago, I hadn't reached any of hte goals I thought I would reach by 27 either.

    I just keep telling myself that is what 28 is for! :)

    And I am so proud of you with your running! I seriously got lapped by a speed walker yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that...but that is going to put a lot of pressure on us over the next 300+ days till our birthdays again :-)

    Thanks! I do NOT want to get lapped by anyone...the more I push the better I will get!

    ReplyDelete